Launching Public Engagement in Middleton
LAUNCHING PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT IN MIDDLETON
In October, 2021 Bicycle Nova Scotia announced a new partnership with the Town of Middleton as a location for the next round of Blue Route Hubs Projects. Our Active Transportation Planner has been working behind the scenes since then to conduct background research so we can better understand the local context. As part of the project, we want to hear from the community about their current travel habits and their priorities for active transportation in Middleton. If you live, work, or go to school in Middleton, we want to hear from you!
Have Your Say
There are three upcoming opportunities to share your feedback with us. We encourage you to take part and let us know what you think about walking, rolling, and cycling in Middlton!
- Pop-up Engagement – Tuesday, December 14th from 11am to 1pm @ Your Independent Grocer, 316 Main Street, Middleton
- Community Bike Ride – Tuesday, December 14th from 5:30pm to 6:30pm @ Your Independent Grocer, 316 Main Street, Middleton
- Online Survey – fill in online on your own time
The Blue Route Hubs Project has three goals:
- Develop an active transportation network plan that will contribute to a more equitable, healthy, and sustainable future for residents.
- Engage residents to ensure that the network adds value to the community and improves transportation options.
- Connect the Blue Route into the town to provide easy access to local businesses and attractions for cycling tourists.
We conduct public engagement to help us meet our second project goal, to engage with residents to ensure that the active transportation network that we produce is beneficial to the local community.
We really appreciate everyone’s feedback during the planning process for the Blue Route Hubs Project in Middleton! Your input will help to shape the project and we look forward to incorporating your feedback into our planning documents. We will release an Engagement Report summarizing the feedback we received and a final report for phase one of the project. Check back on our website over the coming months for links to those reports.