Blue Route Hubs Project Partner Applications Open
Seeking Project Partners
We have found our experience and capacity development through the Blue Route Hubs Project to be incredibly productive for our partners. We are confident this work is helping partner communities learn about the fundamentals of all ages and abilities (AAA) bikeway design as well as producing exciting project recommendations that can expand transportation options for residents. We believe Nova Scotia communities are benefiting from our growing capacity to provide advice on active transportation design.
- Develop an active transportation network plan that will contribute to a more equitable, healthy, and sustainable future for residents.
- Engage residents to ensure that the network adds value to the community and improves transportation options.
- Connect the Blue Route into the town to provide easy access to local businesses and attractions for cycling tourists.
Who Can Apply:
We would typically work directly with a municipal government or Mi’kmaq band to conduct the project together. Having strong support from the local government is essential for the success and future implementation of project recommendations. Local residents, community groups, or non-profit organizations are also welcome to apply. If you do not yet have government buy-in we can work together to approach your municipality or Mi’kmaq band to develop a partnership.
2022/23 Project Timeline:
- Accepting applications from April 8th to June 10th
- Project kick-off meetings from July 4th to 8th
- Phase 1 engagement report complete – August 2022
- Phase 1 active transportation network plan report complete – October 2022
- Phase 2 engagement report complete – January 2023
- Phase 2 concept plan report complete – March 2023
We offer our consulting services at no charge to the communities we work with thanks to the generous support of the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources and Renewables and the Department of Communities, Culture, Tourism, and Heritage. While there is no cost to the partner community, we offer a lot of value through our knowledgeable team.
Contact Name: Meghan Doucette, Active Transportation Planner, Bicycle Nova Scotia
E-mail address: [email protected]
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 10th, 2022 at 11:59pm